Thursday, April 11, 2019

The Pili-pili Dilemma

The iconographic staple in most tourist attractions is to have the place name blown up as a selfie stop and CWC has one in its main attraction  
The Naga airport is actually in Pili town
I was invited to talk about native trees in Camarines Sur.  It was my first time in the province.  When I arrived with the other speakers from Manila, I learned that we were to be billeted in the municipality of Pili.  Knowing pili is also the name of a local endemic tree (Canarium ovatum and some relatives) and that Cam Sur is in Bicol, which is pili country, I was curious to ask our welcoming party why the town was actually named Pili. I was not able to get a straight answer.  I further asked if there are still pili trees around in the town and before I could get a reply, I a grown pili tree came into view around the corner.  

I then rephrased my question to whether the Pili town is known for pili trees or is there a pili industry locally.  The answer given to me was that pili is more known to be grown in Sorsogon which was two provinces away.  So I wondered, if Pili town was named as such but is not anymore known for the pili tree, what actually defines Pili as a town.  This time I got an answer in form of a question: CWC? - which stands for CamSur Watersports Complex. I just left my curiosity hanging for the meantime.

The main watersports pool has the more experienced, especially foreigners, doing acrobatic turns and moves in the water.
An hour or so later we met our hosts from The Trees That Bind Inc., an NGO with an advocacy on native trees (I have not yet explored the actual goals of the said NGO so I would reserve in another entry explaining about it).  I met with Goyi Solis, who extended the invitation for the talk, and Zip, from the local government unit.  I asked them about my Pili-pili  dilemma, which Zip vowed to make her assignment from me.
The newer lodging facilities in the CamSur Watersports Complex 
We arrived in CamSur late in the afternoon (our flight was delayed) so we only got the chance to walk around CWC grounds - which appears to be exciting.  Our companion, Dr. Ephraim Cercado (from the Native Tree Enthusiasts Group) could not help himself to try wakeboarding.  It seemed to be a fun thing to experience but I did not have the courage to try myself.  So far with what I have heard, it is CWC that is the main attraction of Pili as a town. Let us wait for what Zip has to say about it.      

2 comments:

Micheal Alexander said...

Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Flower Delivery Cavite

jessedavis said...

It is important that no freelance assignments and no honoraria be accepted that might in any way be interpreted as disguised gratuities. A Heisman Trophy contender in Bo Jackson. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local..

Kay Ivey on Monday Cheap Nike Air Force 1 objecting to what it Air Force 1 In Store said was the governor's promotion of her religious briefs during a press conference last Jordan Shoes For Sale week announcing a stay at home order because of the pandemic. The president trails even in states with a Republican governor MK Outlet (20 percent to 38 percent).

Police wearing protective suits and masks boarded the vessel in Port New Air Jordan Shoes Kembla, some 80 kilometres (50 miles) south of Sydney, on Wednesday night, New South Wales Yeezy Shoes For Sale Police said. 1 picksTucker Frederickson, running back, Giants, 1965; Cheap Yeezy Shoes Sale Bo Jackson, running back, Buccaneers, 1986; Aundray Bruce, linebacker, Falcons, 1988; Cam Newton, quarterback, Panthers, 2011.Only three schools have provided more No.

For the next 15 years the craze spread across the country, filling countless closets with Hawaiian shirts in hopes of Coach Outlet Clearance impressing the lusty women pasted onto the covers of LPs by the likes of Martin Denny and Arthur Lyman. Query: I have a dilemma that is threatening to cause mutiny if not divorce between my husband and myself as we try to cope with being stuck in the house together for hours on end! Our house is a timber frame, two bed semi, built in 2000.

It seemed to confirm they had little in common."And now your fragile brittle hearts are broken into a thousand little pieces because black people have rejected the Buddha of Birkenstock wearers during his quest for the presidency. Staff have doubled down on those procedures in recent months after the new coronavirus made its way out of China, Lentine said..